Thursday, October 01, 2009

Contest: House of Kane.

Perhaps I'm still loopy from how well the whole anniversary Silent Scream series went. Maybe it's because October is here and that means we're that much closer to the fright freak's high holy day. It could be the cold medicine.

Whatever the reason, I feel like giving away stuff.

Specifically, I'm giving away two - count 'em - two big ol' comic books featuring everybody's favorite dour monster hunting Puritan: Robert E. Howard's Solomon Kane.

First, I'm giving away one copy of The Saga of Solomon Kane, an omnibus style doorstop that collects hundreds of black and white pages of Kane action from his adventures in Marvel's Conan comics to his more recent shenanigans at Dark Horse.



What it doesn't include, however, is Dark Horse's recent Castle of the Devil series. So I'm going to throw that in too!



That's right!

Win this mammerjammer and you're basically awash in pulpy he-hero action!

So what do you have to do? Just leave me message below. The winner will be randomly chosen Monday morning.

Employees of Dark Horse are eligible to enter, but seriously, dude, just take it from the office. It's no biggy. Contestants should know that both books are "lightly used," though I can't discern any defects or abuse. I'm also going to have to limit this contest to folks from the US - blame shipping costs or my own rampaging jingoism, either way that's how we're doing this one.

22 comments:

Rabid Fox said...

I've been trying to expand my horizons, getting reacquainted with graphic novels and comic books this year. I'm reading Fables: Legends in Exile at the moment and Watchmen is on my TBR pile.

So I'll throw my name in the hat for this contest and keep my fingers crossed.

e-mail: rabidfox(at)ymail.com

Rabid Fox said...

ACtually, dang. I just noticed after my hasty entry, I'm ineligible. Damn my Canadianosity! :)

boyhowdy said...

As the only (red-blooded, by god, etc, etc) American yet to comment I'm liking my odds.

zoe said...

sorry, boyhowdy :) i'm very curious about this one..

Anonymous said...

I'm going to jump in and try my luck as well!

Aaron White said...

And to think I almost missed this! Thanks for posting a reminder.

I've been curious about Solomon Kane for a while but haven't made time to sample the stories... in my student days I was a fightin' fundamentalist Christian who would have luuuuved to know about a Puritan adventurer. These are the comics a younger me would have read and reread, had he but known.

I'm not a fightin' fundamentalist anymore.

David A. Zuzelo said...

I'll take a spin...I have all the Conan ones and totally missed this!

Shon Richards said...

Count me in. I'm just glad we only have to leave a comment and not prove our worthiness with a flintlock pistol.

Pauline said...

Pilgrims spent a lot of time on ships, right? I suppose I'd be remiss if I didn't throw my hat in the ring. And I think Shon is onto something here. I'm up for cutlasses next time if anyone else would like to oblige...

CRwM said...

Sorry Fox. When I get regular employment again and I can swing more postage, the contests will get international.

CRwM said...

Aaron,

Despite the emphasis on pulp action, you'll find (if indeed you do win) that there's a running subtext regarding Kane's religious beliefs and whether or not it is really what drives him or whether he's just an action junky that hides behind a thin veneer of Puritan morality.

CRwM said...

Pauline,

Not only does Kane spend time on ships, he sails with Sir Francis Drake and battles various privateers.

Unknown said...

Oh boy, I like these odds! And a good way to get more Howard for my shelves. Thanks for the contest!

Anonymous said...

Consider this my official entry in your contest. And jingoism be damned!

--J/Metro

Adam said...

Sounds great, sign me up.

Poor Fox.

Wings1295 said...

Sweet - I'll throw my hat into the ring!

Sasquatchan said...

Dude, you know I'm always up for a run at the CRwM give-away! And I don't have to write a limerick this time!

Troy Z said...

I'd like to register, too, but is it improper to do so if you've already been the recipient of ANTSS' generosity?

-Troy Z

Lee B said...

Two books is a great contest! sign me up...

John Rozum said...

If you're going to take the time to be generous and offer up a contest, then I'm going to enter it and show my appreciation. Count me in.

Zane Grant said...

I hope I win. I need some night reading, and these look awesome!

Antony Trepniak said...

Yay! Throw me into the hat!