Thursday, March 06, 2008

Music: "Cry, Werewolf, Cry!"

Normally, I take no small measure of pride in the posts featuring slices of horror-themed music. My loyal public, all six of you, really demand the best, and I, your humble horror host, get a real sense of fulfillment when I can bring it to you.

And then, sometimes, I just post a POS tune from Euro-trash hair metal rockers Sha-Boom and am done with it.

Sha-Boom's lamer than lame "Werewolf" is from the band's third album and can be found on their 2008 greatest hits compilation: Fiiire. The extra vowels are necessary because, you see, so many people are so very excited by the possibility of a Sha-Boom greatest hits album that they cannot constrain themselves from drawing out their vowel sounds.

Belgian hair stylist: "Have you heard about the new Sha-Boom album?"
German leather pants monger: "Iiindeed. Iiit iiis called Fiiire! III'm so exciiited my speech patterns are effected!"

This is perhaps the worst horror-themed tune I've ever posted on ANTSS. Though I feel I must warn you that it's chorus, which uses the lead singer's accent to force a rhyme between "cry" and "wild," is strangely addictive. I won't be held responsible for anything that happens to the sanity of any reader who gets this tune stuck in their noggin.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jeez, there must be some werewolf film where one or all the members of a HAIR metal band are vicious shapeshifting mothers.
And I'm not saying that as a bad joke... that's merely an added bonus... i'm just saying because that seems like a truism, but i'm not sure if it is.
Do you have any idea?

And the chorus is definitely infectious, damn you.

Anonymous said...

Wow. I mean. Wow. Awful, awful video.

Even if they added gratuitous T&A to this video, it would STILL be awful.