Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Music: Do I know you?

So there this Los Angeles based band called Shiloe. They do a sort of fuzzed out shoegazy post-punk influenced power pop rock and or roll thing. It's cool.

In accordance with the Compulsory Underground Music Online Notification via Myspace Act of 2007, Shiloe has a myspace page. Warning the music kicks in automatically, so mute it if you're in your cube. You drone.

Here's the trio covering Bauhaus's signature tune:



Most importantly, their new EP is actually titled And Now the Screaming Starts!

Why the nerve! I'd have half a mind to sue the pants off these left coast hipsters, if I hadn't stolen the name myself.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's an excellent title, what can we say?? We are honored to share it with a fellow horror enthusiast like yourself. (Oh yes, and the movie that we mutually ganked it from.)
:)

CRwM said...

Melissa,

Thanks for stopping by. As one of the elite community of ANTSS title-gankers (yoinks, I say!), I salute your and your bandmates' efforts.

The wonderfully named EP is top notch stuff. I'm especially enjoying "Alarms."