Friday, October 20, 2006

Food: And silly little me thought that variety was the spice of life.

While I feel it would be wrong to blame the current relentless trend of zombified everything on the fine folks at Haunted Hot Sauce, perhaps the first zombie-themed hot sauce, I would like to point out that zombie ketchup, zombie mustard, and zombie relish can't be far behind. Sure, there's a long trend of horror-themed kiddie foods. But when people start pushing condiments that tie into a specific horror trend, isn't it time we let that trend rest for a bit and move on? Seriously, couldn't we have done one zombie bottle and then make the green one a Frankenstein's monster dealie. Or "Howlin' Good Hot Sauce" with a werewolf. Hell, I'm getting so tired of zombies that I'd accept "Blobby Blob Hot Sauce: It's Blob-tastic."

Please, for the love of all things good and true in horror, let's stop beating the undead zombie horse.

Don't let that stop you from buying some hot sauce though. 'Cause hot sauce is good stuff.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

BLOBBY BLOB Hot Sauce?

Well, considering your earlier, and understandable, rant on zombie comic overload-- which I agreed with (although, it sort of backfired, too, because it made me want to buy some of those titles and check them out-- dammit!), still... come on!
Cut the "Undertaker" a break!
Okay, I just checked out the Haunted Hot Sauce website, and, i thought they were having too much of a good time to really feel that exasperated.
But your suggestion of additional monsters would've been great, too.
Even the, uh... blob-tastic stuff...

hee hee hee

Anonymous said...

Hey, did I tell you I worked (sporadically) on a horror film made here in Buffalo this August?
It's called FRIGHT WORLD. Here's a trailer you can check out. I have NO idea how good the movie is, but I think the trailer's pretty cool!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrJ0x2g7z2M

Yeah, I got to pump blood during a scene!

CRwM said...

You're right. I should probably set aside my jaded anti-zombist attitude for a moment. The lack of variety in monsters aside, I am impressed with amount of work that goes into each of these packages, from the little coffins up to the freebie mask you get with the party pack. There's a company that isn't cutting corners.

Thanks for the heads-up on the trailer. I'll check it out.

Anonymous said...

Hey all,

I realize this is an old post but I just had to respond.

I've been a "zombie-holic" for most of my life. For some reason, the thought of the living dead seemed more believable to me than some of the other Hollywood monsters and therefore more frightening. It's only because of the recent zombie trend that people are interested enough in my products for me to build a business from it. I'm in zombie hot sauce heaven! Not only am I able to build a small business creating zombie-themed hot sauce products and building cedar coffins, I get to talk about it all year long w/ fine folks such as your selves. Feel free to contact me if you're interested in pursuing one of your other monster-themed hot sauce ideas...sounds like fun! Thanks!!

Stay Rotten,
Victor "The Undertaker" Ives

Zombie@HauntedHotSauce

HauntedHotSauce.com