Thursday, November 12, 2009

Stuff: Back to the ol' drawing board.

So I was watching Monster Squad the other night. Normally I wouldn't admit that. Watching Monster Squad, like masturbation, is a youthful pleasure that can still be enjoyed by adults, and is even fun to do in groups on the rare occasion, but isn't something we need to discuss. But we need to discuss it momentarily because of the shirt pictured above.

Early in the movie, we find the vaguely gayish duo at the core of the titular squad getting sternly lectured by their school principal for the unspeakable crime of drawing monsters in their science class. In those early scenes, the squad's soon to be commander and chief is wearing the shirt you see above.

While watching the movie, I thought to myself, "Self, you could totally make such a shirt and sell it on the Internet. Nostalgic horror bloggers would trade you currency for it. That currency could then be exchanged for other goods and services."

I got so excited by the idea of monetizing this hobby of mine and separating you, my dear readers, from your hard-earned cash that I did some web browsing to find an image of said shirt.

Apparently, I wasn't the only one with this undeniably brilliant idea.

So, the bad news is that I still have to work for a living. The good news: You can wrap yourself in a t-shirt that proclaims your deathless love for the movie that made the existence of werewolf testicles canonical.

6 comments:

Sean T. Collins said...

I own this shirt.

Chris 'Frog Queen' Davis said...

:) I NEED to own this shirt!!!

Cheers!

Sasquatchan said...

Thanks for the reminder .. I recall seeing that movie ages ago.. (I didn't recognize the title, but the wiki plot summary sure was familiar.. "Are you sure she's a virgin?" "well that one time didn't count".. hah)

Unknown said...

Your page is so cool!!! I am following it. I hope to learn and work with you in the future of horror films... I have my new blog... http://weekendhorror.blogspot.com

I hope you have a chance to check it out. Stay Scary!

Horror Queen!
Weekend Horror

Travis said...

Thanks for the kind words!

Erik said...

My chick made me this shirt for my birthday one year. The trouble is that the letters are falling off, so now it says "Stpn Kin uls"