Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Movies: The Cat Piano



I owe this gem of a find to commentator Emazzola who left a lead to it in the comments to my post on the grotesque katzklavier, a keyboard that plays cats. Check out "The Cat Piano," a short film from The People's Republic of Animation, directed by Eddie White and Ari Gibson. A trippy beat fable set in a fabulous musical Interzone between Disney's Aristocats and Pépé le Moko's Algiers; "The Cat Piano" uses jazzed up Silverstein-esque narration to tell a dark fairy tale of music, love, and a giant katzklavier.

Dig, Screamers and Screamettes. You wont be disappointed.

Thanks Emazzola.

1 comment:

Sasquatchan said...

Disney made a version of "The Aristocrats" ? Wow.. I mean, I know the southern baptists are down on disney, do they know about this ??!

Also, saw something that made me think of you today, CRWM.. This wasn't your haloween costume was it: http://pictureisunrelated.com/2009/11/25/youre-trying-way-too-hard/