Sunday, March 07, 2010

Stuff: Things are really dead in San Antonio.



So, if visiting the Alamo seems overly reverent, Ripley's Haunted Adventure's front door is across the plaza. While the big budget, ever-open haunted house attraction goes for the regional appeal by referencing The Texas Chain Saw Massacre, I regret that they didn't capitalize on the specific location and have the angry corpses of Mexican soldiers attempting to eat us tourists. Or a zombie Bowie coming at our skulls with his famed knife. Seems like a wasted opportunity.

6 comments:

Heather Santrous said...

You went to Texas and didn't visit me? I'm so sad. I could have showed you where the zombies hang out you know. Too late now though.

Sasquatchan said...

How does/did it compare to the old coney island haunts that you reviewed a year or two ago ?

zoe said...

haha, they should hire you...you could really help them out.

CRwM said...

Heather,

Damn.

I was going to cop to the excuse that it was a business trip, but the honest truth is that I'm completely pissed at myself for focusing on the gig so much that blew the chance for a meet up. Totally stupid of me.

CRwM said...

Sassy,

It's a walk-through with live actors, so that's a different beast altogether. Though I'd give it good marks. Especially since one imagines they're going for the family crowd, yet they keep it pleasantly gruesome.

Heather Santrous said...

No problem CRwM. I couldn't pass up giving you a hard time about it is all. San An is a good ways away from me but I would have tried if I had known you were in Texas to meet up. I hope you had a blast all the same!